Keep the following points in mind in case of an accident, third party injury or damage to car.
In case of an accident:
- In case of an accident, a car owner ought to intimate the insurer immediately.
- Avoid fixing the car yourself.
- Always keep the helpline numbers of the insurer handy.
- Get your car repaired in a garage, which forms part of company's cashless claims network.
- Maintain the details as it will help in documenting the claim.
In case of an injury to a third party or severe damage to the car:
- Report the matter to the nearest police station.
- Obtain a copy of the first information report.
- Do not make any promises or offer compensation to any third party who may be involved in the accident on behalf of the company.
- Inform the damage details to the insurer at the earliest.